If you are a boat owner, you already know how important it is to secure your boat. With all the investment you have put into it, it’s ideal for your boat to be adequately insured. Accidents do happen, and for your peace of mind, boat insurance comes in handy.
What is boat insurance?
Boat/watercraft insurance is a policy that covers sailboats, motorboats, Jet Skis, and other water vessels against damage and liability in the event of an accident. Typically, when you get boat insurance from Midwest Professional Insurance, it will cover the below areas:
- Collision damage: The policy covers any replacement or repairs in case of a collision.
- Property damage liability: Pays for damage caused to another boat or any other third party loss.
- Bodily injury liability: If someone else got injured by your boat in an accident, the policy covers legal charges and medical bills.
- Comprehensive coverage: This policy covers your boat from fire, theft, vandalism, and other natural disasters stated in your policy.
Reasons why you need a boat insurance
Your boat insurance is as important as your car insurance. You are even at more risk on the water because of the many uninsured boaters. You may be careful, but you can’t protect your boat from careless and inexperienced boaters or, worse, the wrath that comes from nature.
That said, you need boat insurance to:
- Secure your investment against damage or theft
- Pay for injuries to others and damage to their property
- Provide emergency assistance when stranded in the water
Even though it’s not mandatory to have boat insurance in your state, it’s important to obtain one for your peace of mind. This way, you will be at ease knowing that you, your boat, and your crew are protected. Not sure where to get boat insurance? At Midwest Professional Insurance, we delight in giving you that dependable boat insurance coverage. Call us today, and our team shall help you find a reliable boat or watercraft policy.